Our team, made of highly passionate and qualified caregivers, is certified in CPR and First Aide training. Our teachers take a personal responsibility to keep updated on trainings that impact this age group. Hearts & Minds inspects the safety of the program’s environment and keeps our facility clean and neat.
Hearts & Minds knows how important it is to keep parents involved in their child’s daily activities, development and milestones. That’s why we provide you with the following:
- Daily verbal interaction from the teacher about your child’s day
- The building of personal relationships with each family
- Encouraging daily/weekly calls or emails from parents to our team to support communication
- Open door facility; we promote parent visits to our facility at anytime to observe or participate in their child’s day
We understand that dropping off your child whether for the first time or multiple times, can be difficult and tug on the heart strings. The first day can be overwhelming as the halls can appear hectic with so many people (as we all settle into our routines, the halls appear less busy). Please help us make this time less stressful by adhering to the following guidelines:
- Please do not attempt to sneak out without saying goodbye to your child.
- Bring your child to the door, reassure them you will return later, hug/kiss them.
- As difficult as it may be, make your good-bye short and sweet, even if your child is crying. The longer you prolong your good-byes, the more upset children will become. For this reason, we try to discourage coming into the room at drop off time.
- MDO Teachers are equipped to handle these difficult, but normal occurrences. The teacher will comfort your child, guide them into an activity or hold them until they quiet down. Most of the time, your child will have stopped crying before you get out of the parking lot of the facility. Transition can be difficulat and you can rest assured that our teachers will lovingly help your child through this time.
- Do not linger around after you have said goodbye (where they can see & hear you), this can confuse your child and prolong crying. Feel free to call to check on your child, especially in the early days.
Your children will be in a completely locked area during their stay with us. Doors will be locked after arrival time. If you arrive after that time, you will be let in by the front desk manager.
EVERYONE will need to sign in AND sign out your children. This will ensure we have accurate attendance records for safety and licensing requirements. You will be responsible to mark your child present or absent through the Safely Stow App. You are required to walk your child to their classroom after you’ve signed in.
The app has a special notes section to mark who will be picking up your child or if you have any additional information you need us to know. If this changes through out the day, please notify the front desk manager by calling the church office or emailing at email@example.com If we don’t recognize or if the name is not on your enrollment form, we will ID the individual.
Please fill out the backside of a green daily sheet each day so that we know when your child last ate, how he or she slept the night before, or any special concerns or instructions for the day. We will fill out the other side during your child’s day with us.