Our team, made of highly passionate and qualified caregivers, is certified in CPR and First Aide training. Our teachers take a personal responsibility to keep updated on trainings that impact this age group. Hearts & Minds inspects the safety of the program’s environment and keeps our facility clean and neat.
Hearts & Minds knows how important it is to keep parents involved in their child’s daily activities, development and milestones. That’s why we provide you with the following:
- Daily verbal interaction from the teacher about your child’s day
- The building of personal relationships with each family
- Our preschool program communicates through the REMIND app. Please ask your teacher for more information to get started.
We understand that dropping off your child whether for the first time or multiple times, can be difficult and tug on the heart strings. The first day can be overwhelming as the halls can appear hectic with so many people (as we all settle into our routines, the halls appear less busy). Please help us make this time less stressful by adhering to the following guidelines:
- Please do not attempt to sneak out without saying goodbye to your child.
- Bring your child to the door, reassure them you will return later, hug/kiss them.
- As difficult as it may be, make your good-bye short and sweet, even if your child is crying. The longer you prolong your good-byes, the more upset children will become. For this reason, we try to discourage coming into the room at drop off time.
- MDO Teachers are equipped to handle these difficult, but normal occurrences. The teacher will comfort your child, guide them into an activity or hold them until they quiet down. Most of the time, your child will have stopped crying before you get out of the parking lot of the facility. Transition can be difficulat and you can rest assured that our teachers will lovingly help your child through this time.
- Do not linger around after you have said goodbye (where they can see & hear you), this can confuse your child and prolong crying. Feel free to call to check on your child, especially in the early days.
Upon arrival, teachers will be in a morning devotion. They will begin greeting at the classroom doors, at 9:00 am. If you have any special instructions, please notify the teachers at that time.
Your children will be in a completely locked area during their stay with us. Doors will be locked after arrival time. If you arrive after that time, you will be let in by one of our leadership staff.
Attendance will be taken in the classroom daily. If anyone other than your authorized pick ups, will be picking up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.