Welcome to High Five
The High 5 Program is a 5 day a week class that prepares each child for the critical transition from preschool to kindergarten. The program assures that each child will be ready for the academic and social challenges of the kindergarten classroom. Our weekly structured curriculum focuses on developing, sharpening and reinforcing art, science, math, writing, reading and social skills. Our teachers help to strengthen each child’s decision making and self-help skills in a safe supportive classroom environment.
Our High Five Class meets every morning Monday through Friday. Your child must be 5 by October 1st and have had 1 year of previous preschool experience to attend High Five.
Our High Five Class provides our students with kindergarten readiness opportunities while promoting hands-on and cooperative learning, social interaction and problem-solving. Your child will have the opportunity to practice the following skills:
- Recognize, identify and write upper and lowercase letters.
- Letter-sound correspondences.
- Read common high-frequency words by sight.
- Blend and segment onsets of single-syllable spoken words.
- Practice fine motor skills.
- Copying, extending and creating patterns.
- Compose and decompose numbers up to 10 with objects.
- Create and read a simple graph.
- Identify 2-D and 3-D shapes by distinguishing similarities and differences.
- Practice many other kindergarten readiness skills.